Become a patient insight partner
Arthritis Research UK’s focus is to put people with arthritis at the heart of everything we do. We spend approximately £25 million a year on research that aims to improve the quality of life people with arthritis so the perspective of people living with the condition is key to making sure that what we fund is relevant, accessible and sensitive.
We're currently recruiting people living with arthritis to join our patient insight partner group to help us make sure that what we do will improve the quality of life of people with arthritis.
What's the patient insight partner group?
Our patient insight partners have a unique and vital role in the decision making of our research activities. We work with our patient insight partners, researchers and healthcare professionals to:
- make sure our research is relevant and of a high standards
- set research priorities
- support researchers to effectively involve the public and patients
review and evaluate research proposals
monitor and provide ongoing input into funded research
evaluate and promote research outcomes.
Who can be a patient insight partner?
If you're interested in becoming a patient insight partner, you'll need to have experience of any form of arthritis. You could be a:
- family or friend of someone with arthritis.
You'll also need to:
- have an interest or experience in health-related issues and/or medical research
- be available to take part in activities and prepare appropriately, including carefully reading relevant material
- be a good communicator and listener
- be able to take an active part in meetings.
How can I get involved?
To register your interest in applying for the role or to for more information, please email
We look forward to hearing from anyone with an interest in research and experience of living with arthritis.