Centre for sport, exercise and osteoarthritis open day
The Arthritis Research UK Centre for Sport, Exercise and Osteoarthritis is holding an open day on Saturday 11 August 2018 for members of the public to learn more about osteoarthritis, how research into this condition is done and how best to stay active with the condition.
When: 11 August 2018, 10am–5pm
Where: Friends House, 173 Euston Road, London NW1 2BJ
Who: Anyone interested in physical activity, osteoarthritis and/or research (This event is aimed at adults - children under 16 must be accompanied by at least one adult)
Tickets are FREE!... you just need to register as spaces are limited. For more information or to register, please visit the centre's website.
The 20-minute sessions, including talks/demonstrations from experts within the centre, and partners, will focus on:
- Current physical activity and osteoarthritis research
- current research into nutrition and osteoarthritis
- the main causes of osteoarthritis
- approaches to managing joint pain
- how arthritis therapy research trials are run in the NHS
- Arthritis Research UK – what does the charity do?
- an interactive website to help support people with joint pain
- the latest innovative devices to help people living with arthritis.
The event will also showcase inventors who have worked with the charity to design products to assist people living with arthritis. You will have the opportunity to try out their products, give feedback on their usability and inform their design further.
As mentioned above, registration is free…and…refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
Sign up, tell your friends, and help us to spread the word about this brilliant event!