Nurse and allied health professional internship scheme
Duration: Eight weeks (2 July to 24 August 2018)
Deadline: 28 February 2018 at 17:00
Contact: Mary Fry email@example.com
What do the internships provide?
This internship scheme provides fantastic opportunities for occupational therapy, podiatry, physiotherapy and nursing final year students or recent graduates who have an interest in clinical research into the personal impact of arthritis and musculoskeletal diseases.
The internships are for eight weeks full-time from 2 July to 24 August 2018. There are six placements available per year to be hosted at one of five research institutions:
- West of England, Bristol.
Interns can expect to:
- Obtain first-hand experience of working in a centre of excellence of rheumatic and musculoskeletal disease research
- work alongside some of the UK’s leading nurse and allied health researchers
- use state-of-the-art equipment and evidence-based effective practice
- receive formal education, supervision, evaluation and mentoring in research
- be involved in a self-contained research study and data collection process
- experience the research governance process
- become part of a specialist network of new researchers and intern alumni.
The placements are unpaid but each intern will receive £1000 towards costs.
Who can apply for the internships?
Applications to the internships are open to recent or final year students in occupational therapy, podiatry, physiotherapy or nursing with a first or second class honours degree, or will be graduating in 2018 with these predicted grades. Applicants must also have an interest in clinical research into the impact of rheumatic and musculoskeletal conditions.
2017 interns – projects and future plans
All of the 2017 interns have now secured substantive posts and will remain involved in the scheme, providing mentorship for future cohorts, sharing their experiences and promoting the scheme. Further details about the 2017 interns, including blogs of their experiences, can be found on our news for researchers page.
How to apply
For further information about the internship scheme and how to apply for 2018 please contact please Mary Fry, project manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02380 594023.
Application deadline: Wednesday 28 February 2018 at 17:00
Interview date: Wednesday 18 April 2018 (Oxford)
Scheme dates: Monday July 2 – Friday 24 August 2018