We're using cookies to give you the best experience on our site. Cookies are files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience.

By continuing to use our website without changing the settings, you're agreeing to our use of cookies.

Find out more
For more information, go to

Trek Everest Base Camp

06 October 2018 to 21 October 2018
More dates are available

View of treesIt’s incredible to believe that in just two weeks, you can reach the base camp of the greatest mountain on earth, Everest.

On this eleven-day trek, you will witness some of the most breathtaking scenery, visiting some of the highest villages in the world, and admiring sunrise over the Himalayan snow-capped peaks and Khumbu Glacier.

From the peak of Kala Patthar, you will gaze up at the mighty Everest summit. On your return to Kathmandu, you will spend your last night with fellow challengers celebrating your journey.

How do I join Team A?

You can join Arthritis Research UK’s very own Team A by clicking on the ‘Join Team A’ button below, completing the online registration and selecting Arthritis Research UK as your chosen charity.

Join Team A 

What do I get?

All our Team A challengers receive;

  • an official welcome pack, including our Guide to Fundraising with tips and advice to help raise vital funds for Arthritis Research UK, sponsorship forms and posters to help promote your fundraising
  • top training, nutritional and health advice to make sure you’re ready for the big day
  • an official Arthritis Research UK orange t-shirt to wear on the challenge
  • support from the Arthritis Research UK events team before, during and after your challenge
  • access to our Team A Closed Facebook group where you can share training tips and fundraising advice with your team mates before the big day

What else do I need to know?

You must:

  • be 18 years old to take part in this event
  • be at a good level of strength and stamina already and happy to train for this challenge
  • secure your own suitable travel insurance
  • secure a visa for Nepal if you are a British national
  • be aware surcharges may apply

You can:

  • self-fund: pay Action challenge £399 registration fee and pay £1,800 10 weeks prior to departure
  • minimum sponsorship: registration fee of £399 then raise a minimum sponsorship of £3,600 (80% must be into the charity 10 weeks prior to departure and the remaining 20% before your departure date)
  • mixed fund: registration fee £399, then a further payment of £720 10 weeks prior to departure directly to Action Challenge, then raise a minimum sponsorship of £2,160 (80% must be into the charity 10 weeks prior to departure and the remaining 20% before your departure date)

We're now

Versus Arthritis.

You're being taken through to our new website in order to finish your donation.

Thank you for your generosity.

For more information, go to
Arthritis Research UK fund research into the cause, treatment and cure of arthritis. You can support Arthritis Research UK by volunteering, donating or visiting our shops.