Hours: full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £39,000 - £42,000 + benefits
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: by midnight on 26 September
Download the job description and person specification (Word 73.7KB)
We have a new opportunity for a Media Manager to join our communications team at an exciting and unique point in the charity’s history. If you have strong media relations and campaign experience, alongside successfully planning, delivering and leading within a communications environment, then we’d like to hear from you!
About the role
Our communications team supports the charity to raise awareness and understanding of arthritis and related conditions, and ensure that arthritis, and the people living with condition, have a voice in the news agenda.
As a Media Manager you will:
- Lead and oversee our press office team – improving our reputation, volume and quality of media coverage nationally.
- Plan, develop and deliver audience targeted media campaigns which increase awareness of the significance of arthritis and the relevance of the charity.
- Provide senior communications consultancy and advice to key teams across the organisation.
- Be an active member of the communications management team – planning, scheduling and developing our team.
We’re looking for an experienced Media Manager who has substantial and proven experience of:
- Working in a communications environment either in an agency or in-house
- Media relations experience including national and regional print, broadcast and online media.
- Tactfully dealing with challenging media and crises communications as well as liaising with journalists on social media
- Communicating and collaborating with colleagues across the organisation, as well as setting direction, leading and motivating the team.
- Influencing, leading and managing others
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- along with a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification (Word 73.7KB)
- Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
Email your completed application by midnight on 26 September 2018 to email@example.com
First interviews expected: 1st and 2nd October in London
Second interviews expected: 5th October in London
Arthritis causes pain, fatigue and isolation for 10 million people in the UK every single day. It can impact on the ability to work, our relationships and take away our independence. We don’t accept this.
We are Versus Arthritis. We are volunteers, healthcare professionals, researchers and friends, all doing everything we can to push back against arthritis. We’re reaching out to everybody with the information and support they need, funding vital research and changing the way society sees arthritis. Together we’ll keep running, researching, inﬂuencing, volunteering, advising, chatting, baking, listening. We won’t stop until no-one has to tolerate living with the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about what we do, working for us and what we offer.
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156