Facilities Office Manager
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £25,500 to £28,500
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: midnight on Monday 27 August 2018
Download the job description and person specification (Word 173KB)
We’re looking for an experienced office manager to deliver excellent front of house and site management services in our London office. You will be well organised, have a keen eye for detail and an excellent communicator.
About the role
This role is responsible for delivering a work environment that at its best enhances our operational efficiency as well as the health and wellbeing of our staff. It is fundamental to the smooth running of the office and will manage the day-to-day relationships with internal and external customers.
The role will primarily manage property and general facility related issues on site, including ordering goods and services in line with procurement processes, managing contractors on site and liaising with the charity’s landlords. The successful candidate will also be required to contribute to the on-going requirements of our programme to develop our spaces and working practices to support employee health and well-being, particularly MSK health.
Additional duties will include dealing with post and deliveries, welcoming visitors and monitoring meeting rooms.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working in a similar office management role in a busy office environment
- A strong commitment to high standards of service delivery and customer care.
- The ability to deal effectively with a wide range of people, remaining calm, diplomatic and composed.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, able to prioritise own workload and adhere to deadlines.
- Relevant experience of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of ICT literacy
- Interest to work in an office environment which seeks to support the on-going health and well-being of its employees beyond minimum requirements.
How to apply
To apply please submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification (Word 173KB)
- Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
Email your completed application by midnight on Monday 27 August 2018 to email@example.com
Interviews expected: 6 September 2018 in our London Office, Farringdon.
Arthritis Care and Arthritis Research UK merged on 1 November 2017. We believe that together we can overcome the pain, isolation and fatigue of arthritis and have a greater positive impact on the lives of 10 million people across the UK who are currently living with the condition.
Our ambition is to invest in breakthrough treatments, change attitudes towards arthritis, reach many thousands more with the information and support they need, and influence the provision of services and more essential research into better treatments and cures.
Read more about our merged organisation, working for us and what we offer.
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Arthritis Research is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156