Proposals under consideration
- Cardiovascular risk in ankylosing spondylitis (AS): expression of interest supported by CSG and full application in preparation
- Identification and treatment of early AS: application currently under consideration by HTA as part of the HTA/ Arthritis Research UK initiative
- Reducing therapy for patients with AS who have achieved an acceptable disease state: currently under discussion
- Cohort recruitment for genetic studies of clinical manifestations of and susceptibility to ankylosing spondylitis - funded by Arthritis Research UK via Scientific Strategy Committee (not clinical trials)
- Tight control of early psoriatic arthritis (modelled on TICORA) – funded by Arthritis Research UK clinical trials
- Withdrawal of therapy in people with psoriatic arthritis who have achieved an acceptable minimal disease activity state – for submission to HTA early 2010, as part of the HTA/Arthritis Research UK initiative
Further details of any of these studies can be made available to anyone who is interested.
This portfolio of studies is expected to be expanded significantly following the SpA CSG Strategy Meeting, held on March 17th at Burleigh Court, Loughborough University. Read the outcomes from this meeting.