Strategy development and priority setting
A key priority for the new CSG has been the development of a comprehensive research strategy for clinical trials and related studies in paediatric rheumatology, according to Arthritis Research UK's Clinical Trial Initiative. This has taken place through wide-ranging, open consultation with all relevant stake-holders and inclusive participation.
The CSG’s 2015/16 Strategy (PDF 616 KB) summarises this process and its development to date including a comprehensive open consultation process. It will receive International Peer Review comment. All comments on the strategy should be sent directly to the CSG Chair and / or the respective TSG-link person.
- The CSG will undertake on-going review with evolution of this Strategy in a timely manner as well as its processes and procedures to ensure it is developed in an open and transparent manner. All stakeholders may contribute to this process
- A comprehensive review of the original CSG strategy (published 2009) was undertaken in 2010/11 and again in 2015.
- The revised published CSG research strategy will form the working basis of its current pro-active activity from 2015 onwards
- The principle means of communicating all aspects of the strategy is via the CSG’s, NIHR CRN: Children, Arthritis Research UK and BSPAR websites. In addition, regular e-circulars continue to be sent to the entire BSPAR membership drawing their attention to the process. Anyone wanting specific notification who is not a member of BSPAR can contact the CSG administrator with details
- All those interested in participating in this strategic development are warmly invited to engage with one or more of the TSGs