The CSG Scientific Membership (PDF 231 KB) and Consumer Representatives of the CSG have been appointed in accordance with the terms of reference document.
This continues to be actively developed in close collaboration with the NIHR CRN: Children Consumer Liaison Officer. Three consumer representatives appointed as full members of the CSG, along with the rest of the CSG, are developing models of optimising consumer involvement in the CSG's activities and developing their specific relevant research priorities.
- All studies submitted to the CSG include consumer consideration and input
- Investigators are strongly encouraged to involve consumers from the outset in study development
- CSG and TSG-related meetings aim to include consumers fully in their activities and meetings. All meetings seek to be Chaired in accordance with the consumer “Guidance for Chairs”, produced following an evaluation of PPI in the UK Clinical Research Collaboration
- Pilot models are being developed for consumer comment on the wider CSG agenda while groups related to specific TSGs have already taken place. The NIHR CRN: Children is developing a database of consumers/shadow consumer panel in all disease areas including Paediatric Rheumatology
- For more details and to feedback comments and suggestions to the Consumer Representatives, please contact them directly: Rheumatology.firstname.lastname@example.org