Purpose of the health subcommittee
The health subcommittee provides expert advice and intelligence to the charity, evaluates research activity and makes or supports funding recommendations.
The health subcommittee considers:
- Applied research to assess whether methods of practical implementation of therapeutic and prophylactic interventions, to manage musculoskeletal disease risk, prevention, diagnosis and treatment work, in terms that matter to the patient.
- Health Service research which assesses the provision and delivery of health and social care services and evaluating factors affecting the quality of care.
Keep up to date with the latest research news and information through our News for researchers.
- Professor Ray Fitzpatrick, Chair, University of Oxford
- Professor Sue Mawson, Vice-chair, University of Sheffield
- Professor Gary Macfarlane, Vice-chair, University of Aberdeen
- Dr Joy Adamson, Newcastle University
- Professor Ashley Blom, University of Bristol
- Professor John Brazier, University of Sheffield
- Mrs Wendy Broderick, Patient insight partner
- Professor Chris Eccleston, University of Bath
- Professor Paul Emery, University of Leeds
- Professor John Goodacre, Lancaster University
- Professor Andy Judge, University of Oxford
- Mr Philip Knowles, Patient insight partner
- Professor Ruth Macdonald, University of Manchester
- Mr Alistair Mew, NHS Sheffield CCG
- Dr Joanne Protheroe, Keele University
- Professor Catherine Sackley, King’s College London
- Dr Janet Suckley, Patient insight partner
Contact this committee
Ms Tracy Elliott: firstname.lastname@example.org