Purpose of the disease subcommittee
The disease subcommittee provides expert advice and intelligence to the charity, evaluates research activity and makes or supports funding recommendations.
The disease subcommittee considers:
- Discovery research which provides knowledge and understanding of normal and diseased systems that underpin the cause of musculoskeletal disease and management of disease risk, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure.
- Pre-clinical experimental research which characterises and progresses early development of therapeutic and prophylactic interventions.
- Professor Luke O’Neill, chair, Trinity College, Dublin and GSK
- Professor Simon Jones, vice-chair, Cardiff University
- Mr David Chandler, Patient insight partner
- Professor Iain Chessell, AstraZeneca
- Dr Maureen Grossman, Patient insight partner
Dr Mohini Gray, University of Edinburgh
Professor John Isaacs, Newcastle University
Professor Karl Kadler, University of Manchester
Professor David Leon, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Professor Kim Midwood, University of Oxford
Professor Ali Mobasheri, University of Surrey
Professor Kevin Shakesheff, University of Nottingham
Professor John Todd, University of Cambridge
Professor Lucy Wedderburn , University College London
Mr Colin Wilkinson, Patient insight partner
Professor Jane Worthington, University of Manchester
Contact this committee