Terms and conditions
‘Arthritis Research UK’ means Arthritis Research UK, a charity registered under number 207711, and a Company registered in England & Wales and Limited by Guarantee No. 490500, having its registered office at Copeman House, St. Mary’s Court, St. Mary’s Gate, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S41 7TD.
‘Website’ means any website under the ownership or control of Arthritis Research UK from which a link has been created to these terms and conditions.
The ‘Material’ means all of the information, data, text, graphics, links or computer code published on, contained or available on the Website which is created and posted by Arthritis Research UK or its content suppliers.
‘Terms and Conditions’ means these general provisions governing our provision and your use of this Website.
‘You’, ‘your’, and ‘yours’ mean the individual, firm, company or organisation accessing this Website.
‘We’, ‘us’, and ‘our’ mean Arthritis Research UK
Applicable terms and conditions
The Website is owned by Arthritis Research UK and any use made of this site (including registrations and donations made via the Website), are subject to these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to make changes to our Terms and Conditions. You will be subject to the Terms and Conditions in force at the time that you use the Website. If any provision in our Terms and Conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision.
If you are uncertain about anything in these Terms and Conditions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at our registered office at the address above.
Use of the Website
Anyone is entitled to view any non-password protected parts of the Website and to use for their own purposes the information contained therein, provided:
- it is used for information purposes only, for reproduction for personal use only and not for reproduction on any other website or for commercial gain;
- all copyright, trade mark and other proprietary notices are kept on the Material;
- any links created to the Website are notified to and approved by us before they are created;
- no part of the Website is copied, stored in a retrieval system, modified, distributed, republished or transmitted in any form or by any means to any third party without our written permission.
Copyright, trade marks and database rights
- Copyright in the Material is owned by Arthritis Research UK or its content suppliers.
- The names and logos of Arthritis Research UK and all related product and service names, designs and slogans are the trade names, service marks or trade marks of Arthritis Research UK and may not be used without our prior consent.
- You may not systematically extract or re-utilise parts of the Website without our prior consent. In particular, you may not utilise any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation any parts of the Website without our prior consent.
- You may not create and/or publish your own database that features what we consider in our sole discretion to be substantial parts of this Website without our prior consent.
Material on the Website is intended to provide general information only and, as such, should not be considered as a substitute for advice covering any specific situation.
You should seek appropriate advice before taking or refraining from taking any action in reliance on any information contained in this Website. So far as permissible by law, we do not accept any liability to any person relating to the use of any such information.
Whilst we have taken every precaution in compiling this Website, none of its contributors can be held responsible for any action (or the lack thereof) taken by any person or organisation wherever they are based, as a result, direct or otherwise, of our provision of information contained in or accessed through this Website.
No medical advice
Our Website does not offer medical advice and nothing contained in the Website is intended to constitute professional advice for medical diagnosis or treatment or to advocate or recommend the purchase of any product or use of any service or to endorse or guarantee the credentials or appropriateness of any health care provider. For medical advice, you are strongly advised to consult with an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your own particular situation.
The Website is intended for use by UK residents and only in relation to their activities within the UK. We cannot guarantee that the Website or the information that it contains complies with or is appropriate for use in other countries. If you are under 18 years old you must have permission from a parent to use the Website.
Whilst we try to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
Your use of the Website
You agree not use the Website for any purpose that will break the law or in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trade marks, service marks or other intellectual property rights of Arthritis Research UK or third parties. You also agree not to violate the privacy or other personal rights of others or use the Website in any defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful manner. You agree to put Arthritis Research UK back in pocket for any losses it suffers, damages awarded or any costs that it incurs as a result of your use of the Website.
Third party websites
The Website contains links to websites operated by parties other than Arthritis Research UK. Such links are provided for your convenience only. We do not control such websites, and are not responsible for their content. The inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators.
You are solely responsible for evaluating the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on the third party websites. Arthritis Research UK is not responsible for any goods or services that you buy from any third party’s website which has a link to this Website.
- Subject to the second bullet point below, we will be responsible for any losses you suffer as a result of us breaching these Terms and Conditions if the losses were reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using the Website.
- Subject to the third bullet point below, we will not be responsible for any business loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure) or any other indirect or consequential loss that is not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using the Website.
- We do not limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
Privacy and data protection
Read our privacy and cookies policy.
Whilst we make all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the Website we cannot guarantee at all times that this Website is virus-free. Therefore, we recommend that you take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from the Website.
You understand that it would be unreasonable for us to accept liability for damage caused to your computer and equipment by viruses downloaded from our Website and the internet more generally.
If you would like to buy or are buying any goods from us which are advertised on this Website, you can read our Terms of Sale here. (Coming August 2010.)
If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions and the use by you of the Website shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as do we, to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts for the purpose of any disputes between us that relate to these Terms and Conditions.
Last updated: November 2009