London 2 Paris 24hr
30 June 2017 to 02 July 2017
Think you're up for the challenge of doing this cross-Channel cycle in just one day?
Heading out of London and into beautiful Sussex countryside, you'll sail the seas before continuing your cycle through the night, passing through picturesque villages and medieval market towns of Northern France before reaching Paris.
This challenge requires experience, stamina and a good level of fitness.
Days 1–2: London – Newhaven – Dieppe – Paris
Cycle approx 385 km (240 miles)
You'll meet in the afternoon at Blackheath Common and set off through the busy outskirts of London to the North Downs and towards the Kent border. Your last few miles in England will take you on a beautiful rolling road across the South Downs, inland from the famous Seven Sisters.
You'll have a well-earned rest on the ferry to Dieppe before setting off southeast, passing a few small villages including 12th-century town of Neufchatel-en-Bray. You should arrive mid-afternoon in Paris.
After celebratory drinks and photos at the Eiffel Tower you’ll head to the hotel where you'll be able to rest before gathering together in the evening to celebrate your impressive achievement!
Day 3: Paris – London
After breakfast you'll transfer to the Gare du Nord in good time for the Eurostar train back to St Pancras.
For more details on the itinerary please visit
www.discoveradventure.com How do I join Team A?
You can join Arthritis Research UK’s very own Team A when you sign up to take on this incredible challenge. Click on the Join Team A button below and complete your registration form with Discover Adventure, our tour provider.
If you'd like more information or if you have any questions please contact the events team on
email@example.com or call on 0300 790 0402.
Current date available is 30 June 2017. Please note up-to-date availability and dates are stated at
What do I get?
All our Team A cyclists receive:
an official welcome pack, including our Guide to Fundraising with tips and advice to help raise vital funds for Arthritis Research UK, sponsorship forms and posters to help promote your fundraising
top training, nutritional and health advice to make sure you’re ready for the big day
an official Arthritis Research UK orange cycling jersey to wear on the big day with letters to spell out your name
support from the Arthritis Research UK events team before, during and after your challenge.
Included in the trip is:
all meals except one as specified in the itinerary
full trip support of experienced Discover Adventure leaders, drivers and mechanics.
What else do I need to know?
have had a tetanus injection in the last 10 years.
own your own mountain bike or road bike – Discover Adventure can provide hybrid or mountain bikes at extra cost if you wish but it’s really important that you ride the bike you've been training on so you’re used to it
check your own bike is in good working order before departure
make sure you are fit enough to take on a challenge of nature
pay a registration fee of £149 when you sign up
have raised 80% of your sponsorship 10 weeks prior to the event and the remaining 20% must be in 1 month post event.
choose one of two payment options available; pay your registration fee of £149 then pay for your trip in full £550 to Discover Adventure and set your own fundraising target
or pay a registration fee of £149 and have a minimum sponsorship target of £1100.
be supplied with a thorough training guide from Discover Adventure once you’ve registered.
The following items are excluded:
personal travel insurance
one meal as specified
personal items and entry to any optional tourist sites you may wish to visit
money for extra for drinks, souvenirs and other personal expense.
We strongly recommend you carry a credit card in case of personal emergency.
Back to Cycling