Close

We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our site. Cookies are files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience.

By continuing to use our website without changing the settings, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Find out more
For more information, go to www.arthritisresearchuk.org

Trek Iceland

31 August 2016 to 04 September 2016
Landmannalaugar, Iceland

IcelandA 5 day camping challenge through Iceland takes you where volcanoes and mountains tower over you, while hot springs bubble beneath your feet. For three days you hike across lava and snow fields while resting to swim in the Alftavatn volcanic lake and wading in the hot spring of Storihver.

How do I join Team A?

You can join Arthritis Research UK’s very own Team A when you sign up to take on this incredible challenge. Click on the Join Team A button below and complete your registration from with Action Challenge, our tour provider.

Join Team A

If you would like more information or have any questions please contact the events team on events@arthritisresearchuk.org or call on 0300 790 0402.

Current dates available are 29 June-3 July 2016 or 31 August-4 September 2016.

Please note up to date availability and dates are stated on the Action Challenge website here.

What do I get?

All our Team A challengers receive from Arthritis Research UK:

  • an official welcome pack, including our Guide to Fundraising with tips and advice to help raise vital funds for Arthritis Research UK, sponsorship forms and posters to help promote your fundraising
  • top training, nutritional and health advice to make sure you’re ready for the big day
  • an official Arthritis Research UK orange t-shirt to wear on the trek
  • support from the Arthritis Research UK events team before, during and after your challenge

What’s included in the price?

  • International flights 
  • Action Challenge trek leader 
  • Full support team, including local guides 
  • UK medic 
  • All accommodation 
  • All Meals, except in free time 
  • Airport / Air travel taxes
  • All transfers in local vehicles 
  • Celebration dinner 
  • Invitation to a challenge briefing in London 
  • Discounted training weekends in the Peak District, Snowdonia and Brecons 
  • Fitness and training guide 
  • Discounts from UK retailers 
  • Reduced rates at Nomad Travel Clinics and Masta Health

What’s not included in the price?

  • Insurance
  • Vaccinations - up-to-date on boosters.
  • Tips for local staff
  • Alcoholic drinks
  • Personal kit / equipment
  • Airline fuel surcharge (anything over £150)

What else do I need to know?

You must:

  • be 18 years old to take part in this event
  • complete a medical declaration form, signed and stamped by your GP if you have any medical conditions to declare or you are over the age of 65
  • have a valid passport

You can:
Chose from three payment options

  • self-funded option: pay your £299 registration fee to Action Challenge then pay £1,100 10 weeks prior to departure to Action Challenge then raise as much as possible for Arthritis Research UK
  • minimum sponsorship option: pay £299 registration fee to Action Challenge then raise a minimum sponsorship target of £2,200 (80% must be into Arthritis Research UK 10 weeks prior to departure and the remaining 20% in before your departure date)
  • mixed-funded option: pay £299 registration fee to Action Challenge then a further payment of £475 to Action Challenge 10 weeks prior to departure and have a minimum sponsorship target of £1,575 (80% must be into Arthritis Research UK 10 weeks prior to departure and the remaining 20% in before your departure date)
  • choose ‘land option’ only and pay a reduced fee but are responsible for booking your own flights
For more information, go to www.arthritisresearchuk.org.
Arthritis Research UK fund research into the cause, treatment and cure of arthritis. You can support Arthritis Research UK by volunteering, donating or visiting our shops.