Close

We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our site. Cookies are files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience.

By continuing to use our website without changing the settings, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Find out more
For more information, go to www.arthritisresearchuk.org

Trek Peru - Inca Trail

10 April 2018 to 19 April 2018

Inca Trail 

This spectacular ten-day challenge includes six days of trekking and camping along one of the most iconic trails in the world, leading you to the mystifying ruins of Machu Picchu.

Beginning in the city of Cusco, you’ll experience impressive colonial architecture, cobbled streets, and explore the ruins of Saksayhuaman.

Along the Inca Trail and the banks of the mighty Urubamba River, you will climb the Inca’s ancient stone steps that lead towards the Andes. On day 5, you will see spectacular views from the notorious Dead Woman’s Pass at 4,270 m.

Then you will spend your final day exploring the incredible sights of the lost city and UNESCO World Heritage site of Machu Picchu itself.

How do I join Team A?

You can join Arthritis Research UK’s very own Team A by clicking on the ‘Join Team A’ button below, completing the online registration and selecting Arthritis Research UK as your chosen charity.

Join Team A

What do I get?

All our Team A challengers receive:

  • an official welcome pack, including our Guide to Fundraising with tips and advice to help raise vital funds for Arthritis Research UK, sponsorship forms and posters to help promote your fundraising
  • top training, nutritional and health advice to make sure you’re ready for the big day
  • an official Arthritis Research UK orange t-shirt to wear on the challenge
  • support from the Arthritis Research UK events team before, during and after your challenge
  • access to our Team A closed Facebook group where you can share training tips and fundraising advice with your team mates before the big day

What else do I need to know?

You must:

  • be 18 years old to take part in this event
  • be at a good level of strength and stamina already and happy to train for this challenge
  • secure your own suitable travel insurance
  • be aware surcharges may apply

You can:

  • self-fund: pay Action challenge £399 registration fee and pay £1,950 10 weeks prior to departure
  • minimum sponsorship: registration fee of £399 then raise a minimum sponsorship of £3,900 (80% must be into the charity 10 weeks prior to departure and the remaining 20% before your departure date)
  • mixed fund: registration fee £399, then a further payment of £780 10 weeks prior to departure directly to Action Challenge, then raise a minimum sponsorship of £2,340 (80% must be into the charity 10 weeks prior to departure and the remaining 20% before your departure date)

Included in the cost:

  • International flights
  • Action Challenge trek leader
  • Full support team, including local guides
  • UK medic
  • All accommodation
  • All Meals, except in free time
  • Airport / Air travel taxes
  • All transfers in local vehicles
  • Celebration dinner
  • Discounted training weekends in the Peak District, Snowdonia and Brecons
  • Fitness and training guide
  • Discounts from UK retailers
  • Reduced rates at Nomad Travel Clinics and Masta Health
For more information, go to www.arthritisresearchuk.org.
Arthritis Research UK fund research into the cause, treatment and cure of arthritis. You can support Arthritis Research UK by volunteering, donating or visiting our shops.