Close

We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our site. Cookies are files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience.

By continuing to use our website without changing the settings, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Find out more
For more information, go to www.arthritisresearchuk.org

Lemosho Route

20 October 2016 to 30 October 2016

The Lemosho Route takes in some of the best features of the mountain and offers excellent acclimatisation. Entering the park from the west through lush glades and pristine rainforest, the beginning of Lemosho benefits from being less frequented by people and more by wildlife that inhabit the area, meaning trekkers can enjoy a spot of bird watching and looking out for swinging monkeys on their way to camp on the first day.

The Lemosho trail rises steeply above the cloud line, bringing trekkers onto the stunning Shira Plateau at 3900m, affording great views over to Kibo. Its jagged features including East Shira Hill, the Needle, and further to the west, Shira Ridge, provide fantastic photo opportunities at sunset from Shira Camp on day 2.

Eventually, the Lemosho Route joins the Machame, Shira and Umbwe routes to approach the summit from the south via the Karanga Valley and Barafu.

How do I join Team A?

You can join Arthritis Research UK’s very own Team A by clicking on the ‘Join Team A’ button below, completing the online registration and selecting Arthritis Research UK as your chosen charity.

Join Team A

What do I get?

All our Team A challengers receive:

  • an official welcome pack, including our Guide to Fundraising with tips and advice to help raise vital funds for Arthritis Research UK, sponsorship forms and posters to help promote your fundraising
  • top training, nutritional and health advice to make sure you’re ready for the big day
  • an official Arthritis Research UK orange t-shirt to wear on the big day
  • support from the Arthritis Research UK events team before, during and after your challenge

What else do I need to know?

There are three payment options available for you to choose from:

  • minimum Sponsorship – pay a registration fee of £449 to Action Challenge and commit to a minimum sponsorship target of £4,100.
  • self-Fund - pay a registration fee of £449 to Action Challenge and then a further payment of £2050 to Action Challenge. You then raise as much sponsorship as possible for Arthritis Research UK
  • mixed Funded – pay a registration fee of £449 to Action Challenge, a further payment of £820 to Action Challenge and commit to a minimum sponsorship target of £2,700

You must:

  • be 18 years old to take part in this event
  • if choosing the sponsorship option, get 80% of your fundraising in 10 weeks prior to departure and the remaining 20% before you depart directly to Arthritis Research UK
  • if choosing to self-fund your trip, get your payment directly to Action Challenge 12 weeks before departure date
  • if choosing to mixed fund, pay £820 to Action Challenge 12 weeks prior to departure and then get 80% of your sponsorship target into Arthritis Research UK 10 weeks prior to departure and the remaining 20% of your sponsorship target into Arthritis Research UK before departure

You can:

  • choose a payment option that suits you
  • choose a date which suits you including the date listed
  • go to Action Challenge directly by emailing Tom on kili@actionchallenge.com or calling on 020 7609 6695

Included in your price:

  • fully qualified Action Challenge Leader, and Local Head Guides / Assistant Guides
  • full medical support including a UK Doctor, 24 hour support, and the National Park rescue service
  • hotels and meals pre & post climb - on a twin share basis.
  • camping on the trek using quality equipment / private areas - twin share basis - and large mess tents.
  • private toilets for our group - kept clean / stocked by porters. Warm water each morning.
  • return international flights, including any fuel surcharge up to 5% of the overall trip cost. More information can be found at www.kilimanjarochallenge.com.
  • porters for carrying luggage between camps and putting up the camps.
  • all meals on the trek provided by the kitchen crew. 3 good varied meals per day & snacks
  • purified and treated drinking water whilst trekking / camping. Totally safe!
  • celebration dinner - and you'll get a certificate and a medal.
Previous Next
For more information, go to www.arthritisresearchuk.org.
Arthritis Research UK fund research into the cause, treatment and cure of arthritis. You can support Arthritis Research UK by volunteering, donating or visiting our shops.