How can I organise and pace myself better?
To help you avoid tiredness, look at how you’re doing things and see if you can organise a job better. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you have everything you’ll need to use nearby before you start?
- Can you cut out any part of the job or do it more efficiently?
- Can you sit rather than stand to work?
- Can you slow down a bit?
Store things where you can reach them more easily. Organise your cupboards with the things you use most often at the front and get rid of things you don’t use.
Think also about pacing yourself. The best ways to do this are:
- taking a break for a few minutes every half hour
- changing activities regularly and switch between light and heavier jobs.
After vacuuming a room do some dusting, then sit down and have a rest. When mowing the lawn, take a break before you get tired, change to a lighter job and go back to mowing later when you feel rested. Use the same approach at work. Taking regular short breaks actually means you can keep going for longer.