What does Arthritis Research UK do?
Everything we do is driven by knowledge to positively impact on what matters to people with arthritis.
Our long-term commitment is to:
- prevent the onset of arthritis
- develop a cure for arthritis
- transform the lives of those with arthritis.
"I am in control, independent and recognised"
Over the next five years to 2020 we want to make a positive and tangible change in the quality of life for people with arthritis so that they can say: “I am in control, independent and recognised”.
We want people with arthritis to:
- do the things that make their lives fulfilling and meaningful
- manage their condition and the impact it has on their day to day lives
- feel that they have a voice and are being heard, understood and visible.
We can't achieve all this alone. We'll work in partnership with other organisations and influence others to address what's important to people living with arthritis.
You can help too. Please join our fight against arthritis by telling your story and supporting our work.
From Aberdeen to Edinburgh to Glasgow, we have a long-standing record of working alongside people with arthritis and researchers in Scotland.